Careers at iNPUT-ACE
We are the leading provider of software for law enforcement agencies and private firms working with video evidence. We are growing fast and always looking for new talent. Check here often to see our latest opportunities.
Business Development Representative (Part-Time Contract to Hire) Remote or Spokane, Washington Location
Occam Video Solutions provides forensic software to the Public Safety market. Our product, iNPUT-ACE, is a video evidence solution used by law enforcement, district attorneys, private forensic firms, and federal agencies throughout North America and beyond.
Occam is hiring a Business Development Representative. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to develop new relationships and help existing customers find more value in our suite of services. A desire to work with Public Services agencies like law enforcement and prosecutors’ offices as well as independent for-profit agencies is a must. A strong ability to listen and help articulate how our offerings can provide value in order to set appointments is a primary function of this role.
Our company is composed of people who are committed to helping our customers protect their community. While we like to have fun and are a close organization, we’re extremely serious about our work but know how to lighten the mood with just the right meme in our internal communication platforms. Just like the customers we serve, each of us has the others’ backs; we trust each other. We’re devoted to the common good of the company.
About the Job
- Your primary role will be to speak with prospects and existing customers to set appointments for sales and to help close renewal contracts and training voucher purchases
- Understand our existing sales pipeline and help develop new business opportunities in conjunction with our sales team
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, and delegate tasks that achieve strategic goals
- Work hand in hand with sales, track performance, and report metrics
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities
- Execute overarching outbound sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company as laid out by the Executive Management Team
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
- Your primary method of communication will be on the phone, the primary metrics will be the number of calls, appointments set, and quality of leads provided to sales
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working experience with sales techniques is a plus
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Ability to think on your feet
- Experience with CRM software (i.e. Salesforce) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business or management or equivalent experience is a plus
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay (based on experience)
- Position can be remote
- Paid training
- A Company to grow with
- A Company that puts customers first
- A position that makes a difference in the world