This course has been rescheduled to May 2nd, 2023.
Participants begin each section with a short, instructor-led overview of an investigative technique or issue before venturing into hands-on exercises from real-world Major Crime casework where video evidence played a critical role.
Through step-by-step exercises, students become proficient in best practice methods for interrogating video evidence and producing final observations, shot lists, and reports in preparation for charge approval and trial.
Module 1 Description
This module is designed for investigators, detectives, and any other person who interacts with video evidence. During this module, participants will learn how to expedite video-related casework, understand key video evidence terminology, recognize basic legal issues, and understand what they can do safely with this critical form of evidence. Each lesson will be coupled with a hands-on experience that demonstrates best practices with real case files.
- Define basic terminology when working with video
- Build competence through hands-on exercises using real case files
- Overcome technical challenges with proprietary video files
- Recognize how improper playback methods can alter the appearance of suspect activity in video
- Learn to play and process video files safely without accidental alterations
Who Should Attend?
- Every Investigator who might encounter video evidence